Wednesday 12 August 2015

The Magic of Disney and Friendship

Disneyland is one of my favourite places in the world. It is so magical to me that I can still have one of the best vacations ever, even after the dirty underwear debacle. 
Sami and I--who happens to be my brothers girlfriend for those who don't know--have made good traveling partners, as it turns out. We were able to leave the Days Inn behind us (until Friday morning when we call them before the airport) and make sure we both had the best time ever.
She has also been getting along swimmingly with the others. With a large group of fifteen, twelve of whom she did not know, I was worried. But sometimes she chooses to ride rides with them, and not me! I'm not bothered though, I like to share my Disney joy. 
I've fallen very behind in my blog writing, and my journalling. Usually on a trip I am very diligent about writing every night in my journal. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that we have been staying in the park until almost closing every night. By the time we get home we essentially fall into an immediate coma for five hours and then wake up early to do it all again the next day.
However, tonight we are home early because we spent the day in Universal Studios. I also love Universal, but not as much as Disney. It just doesn't have as much to offer. I enjoy the Studio Tour, the Waterworld show, and some of the rides, but it just isn't as magical. That being said though, next year they are opening a Harry Potter section to the park. Nothing says added magic like wizards. We could see Hogsmeade being built today. I didn't think I would be sad that it wasn't ready, but seeing the tower of Hogwarts with scaffolding had a somewhat adverse effect on me. I just wanted to explore! I think I may have to go to Florida.
My favourite rides in Disneyland are Peter Pan's Flight and Star Tours. I rode Peter Pan's Flight our second day, and it was amazing. They've refurbished it and it's brighter and better. They added things, but nothing new looks out of place. Star Tours has been a hilarious experience, as it seems every time I ride it we end up going to Hoth (the ice planet). I long to see some Ewoks, I won't lie. I hear rumour that there is a tour that goes there, but I never get to go on it. We actually went on Star Tours with the full group of fifteen, and I asked every robot to please not send us to Hoth. To the amusement of everyone, my friend Cody ended up being the Rebel spy, and it was Hoth again.
It's been a really amazing celebration for my friends Cody and Carrera. Tip: if anyone wants to get married and go on their honeymoon to Disney, make sure you get a pin that says Happily Ever After or Just Married, because you get some really amazing attention from cast members. It makes me want to take my honeymoon in Disney! I briefly considered getting the pin and wearing it with one of my friends, but that would be a lie. And lying in Disneyland is a sin, just like line cutting and running into people with your stroller.
It must be really special for them to have so many friends that want to celebrate their love with them in the Happiest Place on earth. Sometimes all the love and all the magic gets overwhelming and then you get Disney dust in your eyes and they water. It isn't crying though, definitely not crying.
Tomorrow is Sami and my last day in the parks. I will try to write a blog post on Friday in the airport or something, just so that there isn't only 3 writeups about Disneyland and one of them is primarily about stolen underwear. I think I need to write an entire blogpost about my encounter with the loves of my life, Peter Pan and Captain Hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment