Friday 26 October 2012

NyQuil and Cuddles Cure Everything

My immune system is not as steeled to kid germs as those teachers that have been working for years. I fear the cough, sneeze and sniffle. Rightly so, it would seem. I've come down with the plague. I laid in bed all today as a result. I was supposed to teach a class at the rec centre this weekend and have had to call in.
I am not an incredibly touchy person. I suppose it depends on the situation. That being said, when I come down with even the mildest of colds, all I want to do is cuddle. I think it is a case of wanting what you can't have. And I certainly do want a hug, and soup.
My dad did bring me home raspberry ginger ale. He is a good man.
Other than this not so unexpected illness, things are pretty darn good. I'm settling in nicely at my practicum school. The kids are awesome (their germs are not) and I begin actually teaching on Monday which I am thrilled about. I was almost getting bored with all the observation. Though it is cool to see my sponsor teacher work.
Did I mention she has a Scottish accent? It is delightful.
My etsy team (etteam) has asked it's members if they would like to write any blog posts for us. That blog has 900 plus followers, which is a bit more of an audience than this little guy has. I attempted to begin a post and got shy. If anyone wants to check out that blog go to etsytreasuryteam.blogspot.com
Perhaps I will give writing a post another shot tomorrow. What with the fact that it is highly likely I will be spending it in bed with only books and tea to keep me company. Though I love my books, they don't cuddle very well.
Maybe my cat will grace me with his presence. Only on his terms, of course. I would cuddle my dog except she is very very smelly. Like fish and poop. She is still cute though, despite being roughly 900 years old in doggy age.
The NyQuil appears to be working its sweet, sweet magic. Thank goodness for modern medicine.
Night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment