Friday 7 August 2015

A Year Has Passed and Much has Changed

This blog has been neglected for a long time, almost a year in fact. I went to New York in that time, and also Cabo, Edmonton and Whistler. I became a full time teacher. I became single again. I moved back to my Dad's house with my sweet (badly behaved) dog in tow. I took a summer course through Queens University. I saw two beautiful weddings. Now, I'm going to Disneyland.
New York was amazing. I saw many things, and was totally overstimulated by it all. I loved Broadway (surprising, right?) and the Met, and Yankee Stadium and Central Park and the Chrysler Building and even kind of the subway because it was a new experience. If anyone watches The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt on Netflix, that was basically me but more tired, because walking around NYC is pretty exhausting.
Cabo San Lucas was also pretty swell. I saw one of my very best friends get hitched in a gorgeous beach ceremony where she looked content and in love. I'm so friggen happy for her. Also she bought a puppy, but that is another story that does not involve Mexico, but puppies are worth mentioning. I also went snorkelling, and did some bartering to buy some Mexican booty. It was beautiful there, and really cool to see the world famous Cabo arch. 
If anyone wants to read further about these adventures, you can go to the http://hotdogtravelblog.blogspot.ca/ to check it out. I will say that that I will be writing on this blog, and not The Hot Dog Blog (even though the name is incredibly clever) due to my new romantic independence. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be available for perusal though. 
So, onward and upward! New adventures. DISNEYLAND.
My friends Carrera and Cody got married, and are currently on their honeymoon in Disneyland. They wanted a few days on their own, but after that they felt that sharing their love (of Disney, and each other) with their friends was the best way to commemorate their vows. I thought this was a peachy idea, and my friend Sami decided to join me! We are most excited. Currently it probably doesn't look like it in person, because it is 5:20am and we are running off of roughly two hours of sleep. But the excitement is there, disguised by the bags under our eyes.
As is my tradition, I will be blogging about my California experience. Stay tuned. I believe tonight we are going on a city tour! LA, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment