Thursday 30 August 2012

Goodnight Neverland

It was bittersweet seeing all the first years around campus today. I was there for class while they were there for orientation. Their post secondary education (for the most part) is just starting. Mine ends a little bit more with each day. I was sad.

But then I stole a popsicle meant for the first years and I felt immediately better.

Tomorrow is Friday, which is delightful news as that means my first week is over! Done! Finished! Only five weeks left of class after that and then I begin practicum. It blows my mind how soon we are finished.

I just watched The Borrowers movie and completed two paintings. Recently, for some unknown reason--I've been fixated on tiny people that live in walls. I actually spent one night looking up movies and books that revolved around gnomes or fairies or just regular old little people. I found that Terry Pratchett wrote a series about gnomes that is actually quite funny. That got me on the audiobook kick I was writing about earlier.

Anyways, not really sure what the obsession with tiny people is about. Other than, perhaps that I DO BELIEVE IN FAIRIES!

It is important to me that I get as many Peter Pan references into this blog as possible. I warn you, don't expect subtlety.

I marathon napped today, which was probably a horrible idea because now it is almost 11:30 at night and I'm just kind of laying here contemplating what the next couple of hours looks like for me. I'm hoping soon a wave of exhaustion will take hold and I will manage to get a good nights rest. I hope, but do not expect this to be the outcome.

TOMORROW is a WONDERFUL day because tomorrow the plans happen for DISNEYLAND! I will probably write a post tomorrow night outlining the finer details of our booking. Like, where we are staying. And when we are flying. And how I have plans of chasing Captain Hook until he takes a GD picture with me! I am a tiny bit bitter about this picture business because when I was there last (almost 10 years ago now) he ran away from me and I neither got a picture OR an autograph.

I suppose I have nothing else to report. Other than the fact that I hope to get my practicum placement soon so I can begin to plan lessons and get my head wrapped around the age group that I will be assigned.

But that is about it. Goodnight faithful readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment