Monday 11 February 2013

But Where Shall I Keep All My Stuff?

Living with my Father has its advantages. He does not make me pay rent, he feeds me, he supports my dreams and he has a big television.

Living with my Father has disadvantages. These so-called "downsides" involve the fact that I have way too much stuff to live in a tiny tiny bedroom. Also, my tenuous grasp on independence as a twenty-four year old woman is somewhat compromised by the fact that he gets worried if I stay out all night.

I shouldn't complain. Most young adults don't have the option of living with a parent, much less in a "gratis" type situation. I do, and I'll be far better off in the long run because of it.

What it comes down to, really... is I have too many books and much too little room.

And I keep buying them! It doesn't help being friends with someone who owns a used bookstore. That is definitely a problem. Also, dating an author. We just fuel each other's book buying habit any time we are together.

In other news, I've been working on my etsy site. I'm trying to make it look more professional and nice. It is taking a long time. Perhaps it will be worth it though and I will sell something, which will lead to the ability to buy another something from one of the many shops I have "favourited" on etsy.

Wait... no. I should not buy things, as things take up space and I do not have any space.

I don't think that my problems are going to solve themsel

1 comment:

  1. "Hello, my name is Kim. I am a book addict."
    (Hello, Kim. Welcome!)

    Remember, admitting you have an addiction is the first step in recovery. But, if you're like me, recovery is for chumps. More books, please!

    ReplyDelete