Sunday 5 January 2014

Adopting a Puppy

"Let's just meet puppies" I said. "We will wait to take one home until we find the right one" I said. 
This is easier said than done. 
What James and I want: a medium sized puppy, good temperament, and we want to adopt it. Preferably from an organization called "Victoria Humane Society"(check their Facebook group). We have filled out an application and we went to visit some puppies today. 
We knew that these doggies were going to be a bit too big for our needs, so we decided to just go meet them and talk to the foster parents. 
Then they were adorable. They had wonderful, sweet personalities and I wanted to take them both home. 
When we left the foster parents, my heart hurt. I could hardly tear myself away from them. 
James and I talked at length. Then I texted some friends. Then I was sad. We decided they would be better with a family that wanted a big dog. 
What scares me is how hard it was to NOT adopt the first dog we see. This process may be more difficult to complete with a clear mind. My emotions are pretty strong when it comes to sweet little puppies. 
Anyways, here is a picture. As you can see, this puppy isn't really little...

No comments:

Post a Comment