Monday 23 April 2012

A Teacher and Her Love of Books

I have this problem where I own far to many books for my own well being. It has gotten to the point where I have to skirt through and around them for my floor has become a makeshift obstacle course.
I decided on Saturday morning I needed to take action. So, I sorted through the mountains of literature and decided what I was going to keep and what I was going to donate or sell.
This was a difficult purge. Not only do I love to read books, I love how they look. What they stand for. To me, no house is as attractive nor as pleasing as one that includes a library.
I decided to keep all the children/teen books because I figure I can have them in the hypothetical future classroom. That is how I justified keeping a huge tote stuffed to the brim, and I'm sticking with it.
There were some books I decided to sell online. And by some I mean six. Six out of the hundreds. About 1/3rd I'm donating to a used book store. The rest I'm keeping. Really, I just need to be able to organize it in a way that ensures I don't break a leg in the middle of the night.
My question to the universe though, what is a fantastic children's/YA book my future classroom can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment