Thursday 13 September 2012

So They Call it Puppy Love

I have recently been suffering from an affliction. It involves the incessant need to look up adoptable dogs in my area. This is a gigantic problem considering my mental health and the fact that I cannot, by any means, have a puppy right now. My Dad won't let me and although I am 23 years old and in theory an adult that should be able to make my own decisions, I'm afraid that I am at the mercy of my fathers rules on this particular instance. If only I had a job and wasn't the poorest girl in the land. Then I would have a puppy and perhaps a pony. (Woo! Alliteration!)
Moving back with my father full time is going to be very interesting. I've lived with him on and off for my whole lode, that being said I've also had my own place (as well) for the last 5 and a half years. So I've been a part of, yet separate. The thing I suppose I'm most concerned about is the amount of stuff that I've accumulated over my time in university. I do, in fact, have a whole room of things that I am unwilling to part with. I know that I do not need two beds, however I want to be able to have those two beds if I ever manage to grow up properly. As in one left at my dads and one at my grown up house. I am incredibly lucky because my father is one of those people that will always want me around (no dog though) and I will always have a room in my childhood house.
I guess I should make it clear that I do have a dog, though Chippy is 19 years old. I can't really say this any other way but, she is going to die soon. I am trying to come to terms with that along with reconcile the fact that my dad will never own another dog again.
He is a cat person, though he is a monogamist cat owner and refuses to betray Cosmo and allow an imposter into our home. So it would appear I am at a stalemate with this particular situation. Which is truly unfortunate because I love me some animals. I find that animals are incredibly therapeutic for me and I'm in a much better space when they are near.
I'll just have to wait for a)when my dad changes his mind or b) when I get my own house. Both seem incredibly improbable to me at this current time.
I have much to write about my next practicum placement and my school adventures, however I am in need of slumber. All this puppy talk has made my eyes sleepy.
Goodnight Neverland. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment