Sunday 16 September 2012

The Apple, The Tree and the 48 Hour Cleanse

I have recently got it into my head that I should do a 48 hour smoothie cleanse. It must be some dormant masochistic behavior that is leading me to believe it is a good idea. My Father and Brother will tell anyone that listens that I'm of a split personality: kind happy Kim and then hungry Kim. I suppose they aren't completely groundless in these tales, however some could be said for the both of them as well. The apple falling from the tree, and all that.
Anyways I believe I shall be doing this cleanse either next weekend or the weekend after. I can't see myself lasting anymore than 24-48 hours. After said cleanse I hope to continue on the health train to reach the healthy station to live in healthtown. I hear they do crazy things like run and ride bikes and snack on carrots. It is my greatest wish to enjoy snacking on carrots. Okay so maybe not my greatest wish but I do want to be accepted into the "we care about our bodies" community.
I wish I could channel my addictive nature into exercise. Instead it gets all used up by French fries and good books. Perhaps it would be easier if I removed all my coats from my exercise bicycle. I imagine that would be a good place to start.
Speaking of books! I just finished one called "Juliet" which was about the secrets and intrigue behind shakespeare's most famous tragedy. It was a good little read and it made me want to visit Italy and fall in love, very much. So I decided to keep the romantic European trend going and immediately picked up Joanne Harris's novel "Chocolat" after. So far it is very good. I haven't seen the movie in a long time so I will watch it after I am done. I'm currently waiting for Johnny Depp's character to make a sultry appearance.
You may wonder how school is going. I suppose that this is natural because usually I talk about such things. Well, you will be happy to note that the university is still there, and I still attend it. I did get my practicum placement which I may have mentioned before? I'm not sure. However I will say now that I'm very pleased with the placement and wish we were in practicum right now.
So that is all the excitement I've got for you tonight. I know you all (I say you and you all with the sarcasm of someone speaking to an empty audience) were sitting on the edge of your computer chairs.
Oh, I will leave you with this tidbit, today I saw a man riding a bicycle with a full sized exercise ball. It was quite impressive.
Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I love the part about your greatest wish being to enjoy snacking on carrots! Lol. Good luck with your cleanse and quest for a healthy life, and best of luck with school. :)
    lynn (midnightcoiler)

    ReplyDelete