Tuesday 15 January 2013

Vacation Nostalgia

It is funny, after any vacation--no matter what may happen on said vacation, or how much you missed home (and your bed) while away, you still wish you had another trip planned for just a couple of weeks after your return.
Or at least, that is how I feel.
I WANT TO GO BACK TO DISNEYLAND!
There were so many things I didn't get to see or do. Like go on my favourite ride, Peter Pan's Magical Flight. And! AND Right now, in the park... there is only like 1/10th the amount of people as there was when I was there. (I don't think that sentence is grammatically correct, but I'm going with it) That would mean less strollers, and shorter lines. I wouldn't have to wait an hour and a half to get on Space Mountain just to have it break down 20 seconds into the ride. After two trips to Disneyland I still haven't ridden Space Mountain. What if that is a sign?
All that aside, it was a fun trip. Even when I got some kind of stomach flu/food poisoning hybrid where it felt like I had some kind of Disney demon in my stomach that could only be exorcised through harfing multiple times. I threw up in Disneyland. Well, in California Adventure--but still. I bought James (whom is my boyfriend... I haven't mentioned him yet in the context of romance, other than posting his novel, but he is swell) a present and then proceeded to barf in the bag that his present came in. Don't worry, I removed his gift before I spewed.

Highlights of the trip:
-Having dinner at the House of Blues with the gang, even though it is one of the suspects in the case of the disney food poisoning. Also, we had dinner at the Blue Bayou, which I wish I could have tasted and enjoyed but I was all sick. It was still pleasant though.
-The Matterhorn Bobsleds, because I didn't get to ride it the last time I was there and the views are amazing.
-Fantasmic! Thank goodness I got to see that show. I didn't get to see the World of Color show because of the whole barfing thing, which is another thing I have to see next time. Anywho, the Fantasmic show was SO cool. We had glow with the show mouse ears so they lit up as Mickey saved our imaginations from the forces of evil.
-Being with my friends
-Having my own bed

There is more but, I am distracted by hunger. It is dinnertime and my stomach demands attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment