Saturday 23 March 2013

March Madness

As I wait for James to finish whatever he is doing so we can watch Indiana Jones, I have decided to write a post regaling you all of the ups and downs of March 2013.

I shall recount my tale in a way that goes positive, negative and then positive again. We learned this "sandwich" technique in school to use when talking to parents about naughty children, though most of the time I have no problem talking to parents so I haven't really utilized it too often. Anyways, here goes.

I have a job interview for an internship position starting in September. I really hope I get it because I would be much happier living where I am currently living. I have strong connections here and James is now working at a book store. I can't just drag him away from a job that benefits me in such a wonderful way. He gets discounts and he can set good books aside for me before shelving them. This is a very serious perk, and cannot be taken lightly.
The internship position is for the dorms, so my hope is that I will be able to teach and be a dorm mom at the same time.

I had to put my 20 year old dog down. This was one of the most difficult things I have done, as I had had her for 17 years. Having something constantly underfoot for that long means when it goes away, you are still tripping over something that isn't there. She was a wonderful dog, and she will be missed every day.
A week before putting Chippy down, I ran over a dog. It was very dark, and the dog was a black puppy. There was no way I could even swerve. This was clearly very traumatic for a dog lover such as myself. Luckily, the dog lived. However it may have to lose some of its toes. The owner is setting up a Facebook page for donations so I will be posting that soon. March was not a good month for me and my four legged friends. BUT in the process I found out James is secretly a superhero. My car is a Volkswagen beetle and when I pulled over on the side of the road the poor dog was still underneath the car because it is so low. James lifted the car off the dog and saved the day! He was also the most supportive when I was doing the ugly cry about Chippy. Which lasted roughly three days.

James has returned into the room and we shall start Indiana now, however I promised one more positive thing so I will say that I got to be a camp leader for a FULL WEEK! This means lots of funny stories to share, and also MONEY. Money for my credit card because it is very sad and needs some attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment