Saturday 30 March 2013

Wild Rose Cleanse

I have wanted to do a cleanse for a long time, but I thought I would be better suited for something over the weekend rather than anything long term. Then, James suggested the "Wild Rose Cleanse" which is twelve days long. I told him how difficult that would be for me and I made sure he understood I may not be the easiest person the complete such an endeavor with.
We are on Day 6 now and I am sure he has realized the truth in my warning. The first three days I was a bit of a jerk. Even though he was cooking the majority I complained about how there was "nothing good to eat". Which of course, was a lie because everything he cooked was delicious. I'm much better now that we are halfway through and I've apologized for my petulant behaviour.
The cool things about this cleanse:
1) You can eat as much of the "allowed" foods as you want (you are supposed to leave proteins for 20% of your diet but really, who is to say how much that is?)
2) It seems to work in terms of weight loss-- though what I really care about is energy levels. I'll keep you posted on that, as I just woke up from a nap so nothing has changed. Though I think it isn't supposed to until the end.
3) it forces you to be creative food wise. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and I found salsa, guacamole and CORN CHIPS we can eat. The discovery of chips has made my life so much better.

The not-so-awesome parts of the cleanse:
1) food takes time. So it is tough on the go.
2) NO SAUCE! I love sauce. Like ketchup.
3) No bread, which is another of my personal favourites.
4) the pills are laxatives which I'm sure you can understand why that would be a downside. Though if you have nothing to do and you are just hanging around the home for a couple days, it isn't so big a deal. It gets less as times goes on, as well.

Anyways, I cannot tell you how much weight I've lost as I do not own a scale, but James will tell me I'm sure, at the end. Toughest moment will be for me tomorrow as my Aunt is cooking a turnkey dinner. Stuffing is my absolute favourite thing in the whole world and I cannot have it, or gravy. But I have resolved to take a container and freeze it so I can enjoy it after next Friday. I can have most of the rest of the dinner, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment