Sunday 7 October 2012

Quarter Life Crisis

It has happened. I've moved home to live with my Father and Brother. I couldn't put it off any longer. I finished the classroom portion of my degree and there was nothing I could do about it.
There are bonuses to living at home. The groceries, for example. There are also down sides to living at home. My brother eating all the groceries, for example.
Apparently living away from home for five and a half years means you accumulate some stuff. Now, I'm trying to fit all of that stuff into my box of a bedroom. I'm starting to forget what my floor looked like. But hey, at least I can't see the dustbunnies any more.
Planning for my practicum has begun. This, I am excited about. January, when I'm unemployed, 23 and living at home--I am not excited about. But let us take one step at a time.
I have a grade six class at a private school. This will be VERY different from my last practicum. Which is a good thing. It is important to vary ones experience.
I started writing a book. Perhaps this is why I haven't been writing many blog posts. Of course I always seem to have a half finished novel on the go, so really it should make no difference.
I get to teach my friends book for a novel study in my class. This, ladies and gentlemen, is really really cool. A) Because it is a good book and B) Because I get to bring in the author and be all like "This is my friend, she wrote a book". Click here for a link to Hannah and the Spindle Whorl.
Anyways, I am going to try to have a little nap. But before I do, I would like to say that I AM EATING TURKEY TONIGHT! It is Canadian Thanksgiving. Turkey is my favourite. In a couple of hours I shall be bursting with turkey goodness and it shall be delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment