Friday 19 October 2012

The Art of Procrastination

I am very skilled in the art of procrastination. The process involves making a list of things to do, going from most important to least important and then working my way from the bottom of the list to the top.

For example, writing this blogpost is at the very very bottom of my list. In fact, it shouldn't even be on my list. It should be on my "things I do that aren't helpful to my future in any way possible" list.

I'm not even dressed for the day. It is 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm currently sitting her in my housecoat. I'll probably succumb to a nap fairly soon as well.

The things I DO need to complete are as follows, I must write four lesson plans, one unit plan and an "assessment overview". Though, because these things are not due until Monday morning, the pressure is not quite enough to kick my butt into gear.

I'll probably finish the book I'm reading instead.

On a similar note, math planning is my nemesis. I hope that teaching math will go better than the planning has. I've stared at the math textbook for many-an-hour to no avail. It isn't even hard; that isn't the problem. It is that I find it painfully boring. I should have done it first and gotten it out of the way. But no, instead I finished every other unit plan I needed to and left math for the bitter end. And I do mean bitter.

I'm housesitting tonight so hopefully seclusion will help in the process.

In other news, Christmas is approaching nice and quick. I'm going to try to get some new etsy items up (ornaments etc) in order to boost my sales. We will see how it goes, if not I'll just hang the dang things on my own tree.

I'm also participating in the National Novel Writing Month (as I don't have enough to do already) if you want to check that out click here.

That is all for today. My math book is staring at me.... Perhaps I will open it and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment