Monday 15 October 2012

Working Hard for No Money

With my first week of practicum officially behind me, I am that much closer to graduation. Decidedly more important though, I am that much closer to going to Disneyland.
There were many wonderful things that occurred last week. For one, I met some really awesome kids. Two, my sponsor teacher has helped me immensely already. Three, they feed me lunch every day and there is free coffee in the staff room. This is very important to me as I love both food, and coffee.
I also get to teach some pretty awesome material. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the fact that I am doing a language art unit on a book authored by a good friend of mine OR that I am teaching about Cambodia and Asia. Any excuse to talk about the trip in 2011 (was it really that long ago?) is good for me.
I'm reading a Percy Jackson novel now as per request of my students. I'm told it is da bomb.
I got to go to music class with the students as well and sing lion king songs. Not even coffee cheers me up like a lion king song.
Anyways I figured I would give a brief update on everything that is practicum. Now I must slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment