Monday 24 February 2014

Bad Blogger Etiquette

I'll admit, I am not longer on Galiano. We have returned home. In fact, we got home yesterday and--even then--I failed to update my blog.

But today it is snowing and I did not have to go to school. I could not, in good conscience, leave my blog post to another day.

There were many positive outcomes to the Galiano trip. James and I spent some much needed quality time together. I slept for 11 hours on Friday night, and had a nap on Saturday. I also wrote 2, 600 words for my Work In Progress (sometimes I play at being an author) and spending time with the ladies from our writers group was very fun. The cabins James and I stayed in were very cute. We ate good food at a few Galiano establishments and though the weather was only good on the first day, we enjoyed the scenery.

Though I loved much about the Driftwood Cottages, I did not love how their bath water was not hot. I enjoy turning the colour of a Canadian flag whilst I bathe. I did not have this experience at the Driftwood. Though, they did have a hot tub. If I had of had the foresight to bring a bathing suit I would have gone in. Our cabin had a wood stove, which was delightful and the bed had a very cozy duvet, so all was not lost.

I didn't attend any seminars provided by the Galiano Literary Festival, so hopefully James will guest blog and talk about that aspect of the trip. I did, however, attend the dinner where I met a nice man named Fraser who used to be a teacher. He now is an author and won the "So You Think You Can Write Contest" with the Times Colonist. Check that out here. He and his wife were delightful. I talked mostly with them. James talked to many people, as it was his job to network the night away.

Sunday was travel back day. It had been snowing on and off all weekend so we were worried about the ease of returning home. We all decided it was best to catch an earlier ferry. Unfortunately this meant that James, Carol and Kristine had to miss Raffi's seminar. Good thing they spoke to him enough over the weekend that they are all now all BFF's.

I very much missed my dog. It is interesting that in such a short period of time he has become so very important. He was well taken care of by our neighbours so at least I was able to relax knowing that he was safe and happy. Currently, Chewie is sleeping by my feet because he is tired due to running around in the snow.

Here are some pictures to please the eye:
He is thinking about his next novel.

 The ferry.
Before the snow.
This cat is really fat (the camera took off 10 pounds) and loves books. We are kindred spirits. The bookstore was pretty cool, though they did not have a large enough fantasy or sci fi section.

This cat wants the grocery store to open, too. But the owners are on island time, man.

That is it! My blogging duties for the weekend are complete. Now I shall go do something productive, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment