Thursday 20 February 2014

Drama Class

My drama class has been particularly successful this semester. I believe this is a result of numerous factors. 
1) I'm more experienced. 
2) I've relaxed a bit but also set stronger boundaries in terms of class etiquette (especially when it comes to electronics)
3) This semester my class list is primarily made up of students who want to be in drama, not students who couldn't get into photography. 
4) We are studying improv
5) I've been participating in games and activities (more fun for me!)
6) The grade 8's have joined and they are full of piss and vinegar. 
7) Slightly smaller class. 
8) Drama is the best. 

It is very good to feel successful. It wasn't as though I didn't experience success in last semesters class, but I feel as though this is now a course students look forward to participating in. I know I look forward to the periods I get to spend in the drama hall. 
We are going to be producing a one act play as well, which I am excited (and nervous) about. I'm wondering how to approach it though. I need something with an all girl cast, that allows for 20 students to participate. I think I may have to do short vignettes. Maybe about the treacherous jungle that is the hallway? I'm not sure. 
I've got some time to mull it over, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment