Sunday 3 June 2012

Babbling Because of Boredom

Almost a year ago I went to Vietnam. I was looking at the blog my roommate and I wrote in before/during/after the trip and I got all nostalgic. Then I realized, I should probably go to South East Asia again. It was really cool there.
So I made some more cards in hopes that I can earn money.
Then I realized that all my money goes to school right now, so the "paying for another trip to 'Nam with my art" plan went out the window.
But I formed a new plan. "Make money to pay for school so you can get your teaching degree so you can go teach and make money in another country or so you can go to another country on the vacations you will be able to afford after you pay off your student loan". This is a somewhat longer more complicated plan than "making cards=go to Asia=take more pictures".....
I did mention that I also got a real job too, right? Working with kids? In a day camp. I'm very excited about this. It is part time which I'm happy about in some respects and not so happy about in others. Mostly, money would be better if I was working full time.
Basically this is how it works: I get up early, go to camp and hang out with kids for two hours. Then, I go home/the beach/the pool/zumba/hiking/something else fun then I return at 3pm and work two hours and forty-five minutes. One might think this split shift kind of format would be awful. Well, it may not be for you but it seems pretty sweet to me. I love naps. I love time to myself. I love kids. Maybe I'll even get a tan this summer.....
Maybe.
In my last blog I didn't think anyone was reading. With this mindset, I began treating it like a journal. Then our posts started to get interesting (Vietnam does that) and people began to read. At this point I realized that posting about my underwear and the like was not a good idea.
I have almost fallen into the same trap with this here blog. I looked at the stats today and realized that I don't really have any readers. Which I'm not too worried about. However, on the off chance that people will one day read this, I will not be speaking about my underwear at any point. Other than this brief mention to it, right now.
I would like to say I won't talk about anything embarrassing however I feel like that blanket statement would be a bad idea because a)it would turn into a lie very quickly and b) I know I've said embarrassing things already.
I should probably shower. Unemployment has turned me into a slob. My makeup supplies aren't depleting at the same rate however I have had to do many-a-loads of laundry because I only have so many pairs of yoga pants.
Today I missed teaching. I will probably be visiting my practicum class this coming week. I hope to be greeted with gifts and compliments. The reality is probably "I thought you weren't teaching us anymore..." or "hey, you wore your hair down!"... or something. But that translates to love in thirteen year old speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment